29905560

Hello, Im currently on the 4th week of sick leave signed

Customer Question

I'm currently on the 4th week of sick leave signed off by GP. Checked my email yesterday to find notification that I've been selected for voluntary redundancy option. I have until 16th of this month to respond yes or no to this VR option however I have already previously notified my employer that I'm signed off until the 17th. I have 6 years of service. What is my position? Thank you.
Expert:  taratill replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer, are you asking if it appropriate for your employer to give you more time given that you are off sick?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

They do imply in the VR notification that if there extenuating circumstances then there is a response option for that.

Could my being on sick leave be a factor in their selection of me for VR?

If I took the VR option whilst on sick leave would there be any grounds for constructive dismissal?

Expert:  taratill replied 3 years ago.
Thank you can you tell me the reason you are off sick at the moment. I am about to pop into a meeting that will last about an hour but will get back to you as soon as possible after that.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Mental health issue brought on by stress.

Expert:  taratill replied 3 years ago.
Hi sorry for the delay I was a bit longer than I expected. Is the mental health issue long term and does it have a significant impact on your ability to carry out day to day activities?

Also can you tell me if the stress is work related or not?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi - no not long term and will probably be returning to work next week.

Have spent a year driving 600 miles a week staying away from home - so yes stress related

Expert:  taratill replied 3 years ago.
Had you raised a grievance about this at work?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No

Expert:  taratill replied 3 years ago.
Hi I am sorry I was called away for a few days, would you still like help with this?