29905560

I am having serious problems of victimization by a Director

I am having serious problems of victimization by a Director at work this has been going on since June I have raised a grievance and have been forced to give my notice in and my company have asked me to attend a meeting next week in London for an informal meeting with a Senior Manager should I go.

Ben Jones : Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How long have you worked there for?
Customer:

Hi Ben March 28th 2011

Customer:

Hi Ben I have to get ready as I have a doctors appointment this morning I am not sure how this works do you send me an email with your advice

Ben Jones :

Hello, you cannot be forced to attend such a meeting and it is entirely up to you whether you want to go or not. It would largely depend on what you wish to achieve in this situation. If you have handed in your notice and simply wish to leave the company and this matter behind you, then you do not have to attend as seeking a resolution to this would be pointless at this stage. However, if you are considering pursuing the matter further after you leave, for example by claiming constructive dismissal or discrimination in an employment tribunal, you may wish to consider attending as doing so will show that you had given the employer the chance to try and potentially rectify the situation or at least minimise the repercussions/damage caused. If it is just an informal meeting it could be used to unofficially discuss what could be done about this and find the best way forward. But as mentioned, if you have already made your mind up, wish to leave and not pursue this any further, then you can refuse to attend and just wait until you leave the company.

Customer: Hi B
Ben Jones :

hello?

Customer:

Hi Ben

Customer:

Hi Ben thank you for your advice I am leaving however once I have left I will be taking this matter further I have just come back from my doctor and I am suffering from serve stress so I am not going to let this person get away with this I best go to this meeting as I do not want it to harm my case do you agree

Ben Jones :

you have little to lose by attending. At least then you can show you have been cooperative and given your employer the chance to do something about this situation.

Customer:

Ben thank you for your help and advice

Ben Jones :

You are most welcome. Please take a second to leave a positive rating for the advice I have provided as that is an important part of our process. Thank you and all the best