29905560

Sacked for complaining the radio was too loud and switching

Customer Question

Sacked for complaining the radio was too loud and switching it off when the company has no recorded music licence that I know of.

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Ben Jones :

Before proceeding please note that as I am a practising solicitor, I am often in and out of meetings, travelling between clients or even at court when I pick your question up. This may even occur at weekends. Therefore, I apologise in advance but there may be a delay in getting back to you and providing my advice. Please be patient and I will respond as soon as I can. You do not have to wait here and you will receive an email when I have responded. For now please let me know how long you have worked there.

JACUSTOMER-89x4pr7f- :

I have worked there for nearly five months but was still with an agency, namely Rubicon.

Ben Jones :

Unfortunately your rights will be rather limited here. As an agency worker you have no protection against unfair dismissal. It means the end user using your services can remove you whenever they want. Agency workers are often used due to the flexibility they offer in that respect, meaning they can be hired and fired with minimum or no notice. Even if you had been an employee of the company you would have needed 2 years' service to be able to claim unfair dismissal, which you did not have. The only thing you can expect is to be given any notice period due under contract. If no such clause existed then I'm afraid your employment with a client of your agency can be terminated with immediate effect if necessary. As an agency worker you simply have no rights in that respect - your employment is never guaranteed and if necessary it can be terminated rather easily. It is not the best arrangement but it is helpful when you have no other employment to take and must rely on agency work.

Ben Jones :

Please let me know if this has answered your query or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this?