Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

I put a grievance against my manager 3 months ago and no response

Customer Question

I put a grievance against my manager 3 months ago and no response has been made
i have now been accused of theft
The manager who will conduct the investigatory is the manager I put the grievance in against
I have worked for the company for over 11 years and never had an accusation like this before
What can I do
Im taking anti depressants

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question todasnow hat was your grievance about?

JACUSTOMER-jrpg3be7- :

It was regarding his inability to manage his treating staff differently. Withholding information from the company dire tors. Inability to forecast revenue bad management of managers. Putting staff at risk

Apologies for the slight delay, I experienced some temporary connection issues las night. All seems to be resolved now so I can continue with my advice.

According to the ACAS Code of Conduct, which employers are expected to follow, once a grievance has been submitted by an employee, the employer has a duty to deal with it without unreasonable delay and it is recommended that they hold a formal grievance hearing within 5 days. A period of 3 months with no action is completely unacceptable. The grievance should have been dealt by now so you are entirely within your right to chase them over this and re-submit it demanding immediate action.

In terms of the disciplinary allegations, it is normal for your line manager to conduct an investigation or hold the disciplinary. He should only do either though and not both. Different managers should investigate and hold the disciplinary. If he is involved in the allegations he should not take part in the process at all. If you believe that the reason allegations you have received are part of the problem which led to you raising a grievance in the first place, then you may raise these in the new grievance you are about to raise and ask that these are dealt with before the disciplinary proceedings go any further.

I hope this has answered your query. Please take a second to leave a positive rating, or if you are unhappy for some reason with the advice - please get back to me and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you very much
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated.

To rate your answer, you can go to your question page, and click one of the five faces below your Expert's answer. Please be sure you are logged in with your username and password or you will not be able to view or rate your answer.

If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.