taratill
taratill, Solicitor
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
32019188

I am being made redundant on Monday I already no its me as

Customer Question

I am being made redundant on Monday I already no its me as 2 of us have been selected and they favour him over me!! I have been ask to apply for head chef job but from a friend I have been told the role is already been taken!! I have more info about other problems with the process I;e
I lived on site and was forced to move out 2 weeks ago
myself and other worker have been selected as we are 2nd chef but on contract states chef
talked to all the staff that we where getting made redundant is that allowed?
Not offering me other work elsewhere as a big company

I have worked at current job for 19 months
Expert:  taratill replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcomr to Just Answer,what was your actual start date?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

22nd march 2012

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
I don't want to sign up unless stated that what I have said I have cause to get help with
Expert:  taratill replied 3 years ago.
Ok that's great.

Redundancy is potentially a fair reason for an employer to dismiss but the employer must act fairly in the procedure.

There must be a genuine redundancy sitaution, i.e. the need for a person to perform the role must have ceased or diminished.

The employer must have consulted with you as to ways of avoiding the redundancy sitauion.

The employer must have selected you fairly based on objective criteria. The employer should not have made it clear who was being made redundant before the end of that process.

You must have been offered the chance to apply for any alternative role before being dismissed.

If the employer has failed in any of the above you should appeal against the dismissal (in the event you are dismissed) and then raise a claim using the form you will find at www.employmenttribunals.gov.uk.

If you have any further quesitons please do ask. If I have satisfactorily answered your quesiton I would be grateful if you would take the time to give my answer a postiive rating. Thank you and all the best.
Expert:  taratill replied 3 years ago.
Hi just to clarify you haven't signed up to this. If you are happy with my answer and rate it then that is the end of the process. You can opt to subscribe if you want to but it is not obligatory.

Hope that helps if you want more information about that I can ask a moderator to contact you.

In the mean time let me know if you would like more information about your situation.

Many thanks.