29905560

Im being threatened by a teenage pupil in the school I work.

Customer Question

I'm being threatened by a teenage pupil in the school I work. I've reported it to management but the pupil is still in school and I need to know what my rights are and what I can do. The pupil has assaulted two pupils in my class and I feel he is doing this because they are in my class. The pupil is 16
Expert:  taratill replied 3 years ago.

taratill :

Hello and welcome to Just Answer, has your employer taken any steps to protect you?

Customer :

I sent an account of the incident to my employer in writing. I was not asked any questions as to how I was and indeed I was made feel that I was the problem for complaining.

Customer :

Since then I have been subjected to bullying by senior manager. On one occasion the manager quizzed me repeatedly about my work to the extent that I became very distressed.

Customer :

I also received a letter which was from my employers stating that they cared but in the same letter I was pretty much accused of lying and told that there were supports available to me in the school albeit none were made available to me and I've no idea what they are supposed to have been.

Customer :

there have been no steps taken to protect me ...I have not been made aware of any action taken to ensure the pupil does not carry out the threat.

taratill :

Have you raised a formal grievance about your treatment?

Customer :

No. Not yet. Ive sent copies of all correspondence to my union ...

Customer :

I was again threatened last Friday by another pupil......

Customer :

I documented the incident and the pupil was suspended but I am still afraid of wjat could happen to me and I do not feel safe. Some of the pupils I work witb have access to guns and would have asbos already for assault in the community.

Customer :

How do I raise a formal grievance?