29905560

I frequently work overseas for my company, I have just claimed

Customer Question

I frequently work overseas for my company, I have just claimed for a lost kindle and have been told due to the excess on the insurance my employer does not want to raise a claim.

My employer says that he will not reimburse me in future for low value under £200 items if I lose anything else. I am now unwilling to take my Sat Nav, Electronic Notebook, Ipad, Ipod and numerous other personal items, some of which are essential to my work, away with me.

I need to know what the legislation / laws are for situation like this.
Catherine

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Is there a policy that covers this issue in your workplace? For example what is the workplace insurance policy that would cover you for lost personal items?