Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

I WORK FOR THE NHS. I WAS IN FULL EMPLOYMENT

Customer Question

I WORK FOR THE NHS. I WAS IN FULL EMPLOYMENT FOR N W LONDON NHS TRUST SINCE 2000. I RETIRED AT 60 ON THE 04/11/2013 AND TOOK MY PENSION. I AM STILL EMPLOYED BY THE N W L TRUST DOING JUST 15 HOURS A WEEK . I AM ALSO A SOLE CARER FOR MY SON WHO HAS LEARNING DIFFICULTIES .HE IS A RENAL PATIENT WITH VARIES MEDICAL PROBLEMS. FROM 2009 TO DATE HE HAS BEEN SERIOUSLY ILL. MY QUIRY IN 2006 THREE OF US SUPERINTENDENT HAD TO REAPPLY FOR OUR POST. ,AS THE POSTS WERE REDUCED FROM THREE TO ONE POST. I WAS ONE OF THE UNSUCCESSFUL ONES. MY SALARY WAS FROZEN FOR TWO AT THE CURRENT RATE I WAS GETTING AT THE TIME. IN 2011 I RECEIVED A LETTER FROM THE TRUST STATING THAT I HAD BEEN OVER PAID. THE TRUST HAD NO RECORD OF THIS REGRADING ,ON MY FILE NOR DID HR HAVE ANY RECORD THAT THIS REGRADING TOOK PLACE. OUT OF THE THREE OF US ONLY ONE PERSON HAD A COPY OF THE LETTER. THEY COPIED THIS LETTER AND SENT THIS TO ME WITH OUT THE THEN MANAGER'S SIGNATURE IN FACT IT WAS NOT SIGED AT ALL. I WAS REPRESENTED BY OUR UNION.I WAS NOT HAPPY WITH THE OUTCOME .I AM PAYING BACK THE MONEY EVERY MONTH FOR FIVE YEARS. WHAT ANGERS ME IS THAT THIS WAS NOT MY FAULT. I WAS TOLD THAT I WAS RESPONSIBLE. AT THE TIME MY SON WAS ILL, I HAD A TUMOUR REMOVED THINGS WERE REALLY BAD FOR ME. BECAUSE I HAD TO PAY THE MONEY TO TE THE TRUST ,THIS HAD AN IMPACT ON MY PENSION. THE PENSION AGENCY ARE NOW ASKIN ME TO PAY BACK PART OF THE LUMP SOME I HAD RECEIVED AND MY MONTHLY PENSION IS ALSO REDUCED. HAD I KNOWN BACK THAT MY PENSION WOULD BE REDUCED. I WOULD HAVE MADE PROVISIONS TO TOP UP MY MONTHLY CONTRIBUTIONS TO MAKE UP FOR THE SHORT FALL. THE MONEY I RECEIVED AS A LUMP SOME WAS USED TO PAY OF PART OF MY MORTGAGE.I DONT HAVE THE MONEY TO PAY THEM BACK. PLEASE CAN YOU ADVISE AS I AM BECOMING INCREASINGLY DEPRESSED AND STRESSED VIGEE XXXXXX

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What are your specific queries about this please so I can direct my advice more appropriately.

JACUSTOMER-gzmocqld- : I would like to know where I stand in regard to the matter I emailed to just answer
Ben Jones :

I have looked into your query in more detail but do not think I have the answer to your question. I will therefore opt out and let other experts take this further if they can. Someone should respond shortly. Please do not reply in the meantime as that will just assign the question back to me and you will experience a delay. Thank you

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.