29905560

Could my nhs trust make me go to court to represent them over

Customer Question

Could my nhs trust make me go to court to represent them over an ex employees grievance regarding an unfair reference? (Ex employees words). I am a nurse manager on anti depressants for post natal depression and don't think I could cope with the pressure of court? Kind regards, Jill

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Ben Jones :

Please note that as a practising solicitor I am often in and out of meetings, travelling, or even at court when I pick your question up. This may even occur at evenings and weekends. Therefore, I apologise in advance if there is a slight delay in getting back to you. Rest assured that I am dealing with your query and will respond ASAP. You do not have to wait here and you will receive an email as soon as I have responded. For now please let me know if you could explain your situation a little more?

JACUSTOMER-3qkicviv- : Hi Ben, I wrote a reference on behalf of the trust telling the truth regarding this ex employee. Unfortunately I don't have the documented evidence of the conversations therefore the nhs trust have said she can take me to court for injury to feelings, possible negligence and deceit. This is utterly wrong and I stand by my reference and could get audit trails, colleague statements etc to support me. I do feel aggrieved by my hr. at no point have they supported me. I have an exemplary record and have the backing of all my staff, patients, consultants, matron, business manager etc. psychologically I don't think u could cope with being out through court.my diagnosis of pnd does not affect my day to day work however, but the stress of this lack of support is making things very difficult.
JACUSTOMER-3qkicviv- :

hi ben, I have just received an email from just answer stating you have answered my query, but I cannot view it anywhere.