taratill
taratill, Solicitor
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
32019188

I currently have a zero hour contract as a swimming teacher

Customer Question

I currently have a zero hour contract as a swimming teacher and wish to leave to set up my own organisation of similar operation. My contract says that cannot set up or work for a direct competitor for a period of 6 months, as it is a zero hour contract could they really enforce this on me if i was to work for someone else or set up my own swimming school?

PJRS
Expert:  taratill replied 3 years ago.

taratill : Hello and welcome to Just Answer, are you likely to take their customers with you?
JACUSTOMER-72iy3guj- :

I will not actively approach existing clients I currently teach, but I do suspect through word of mouth some will naturally follow.

taratill :

Hello sorry for the delay could you possibly give me the exact wording of the restrictions in your contract?