29905560

I currently work on a Post Office counter which is in a pharmacy

Customer Question

I currently work on a Post Office counter which is in a pharmacy and the new employers are taking the post office side of the business over at the end of November. The whole business went into liquidation about five years ago and the pharmacy was finally taken over in March last year. However, because the new employers are having a refurbishment done on the Post Office it has taken this long for the Post Office to be transferred. Under the refurbishment, the Post Office will be open for longer hours and we will be doing car tax as well. I need to know how this will affect my existing contract which at the moment means I work Monday to Friday with an occasional Saturday to cover holiday or sickness. Can they insist I change my hours to suit them without consulting me or am I covered under TUPE where they have to honour my existing contract for 3 months. Your advice would be greatly appreciated in this matter nas I need to know the full facts before I finally have a meeting with them.. Hazel Phelps