taratill
taratill, Solicitor
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
32019188

My question is regarding employment lawI have been working

Customer Question

My question is regarding employment law

I have been working full time in one of the NHS hospitals for past 7 years.

Now I want to go part time and intend to work Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays only. I have been paid salary on monthly basis.

How much reduction I should expect in my salary if I work three days a week. thansk

MS
Expert:  taratill replied 4 years ago.

taratill :

Hello and welcome to Just Answer, you should expect 3/5 of your current salary per month as it will be prorated down. HR within your organisation should confirm this for you. It would be unfair for you to be paid less pro rated than the full time equivalent post. That would be contrary to the Part Time Workers (Prevention of less favourable treatment) Regulations.

taratill :

I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.

JACUSTOMER-kw7ceoz3- :

i was expecting 5/7; sometimes I'm on call Friday and finish Saturday 9am. Other days oncall over the weekend Saturday to Monday morning non stop.

taratill :

Hello how many days rest do you have in a week?