29905560

I was arrested and locked in a cell for 12 hrs this caused

Customer Question

I was arrested and locked in a cell for 12 hrs this caused me to have a mental breakdown and have been diagnosed with PTSD. All charges against me were dropped when the person who accused me of the offence admitted that she made it up. Unfortunately because of my condition I failed to inform my employer that I had been arrested. I was disciplined and given a 12 month written warning for serious misconduct. I have appealed against this and have been informed that the penalty stands and that is the end of the matter. Considering that I was a victim in this and that this has effected my future job prospects is there anything I can do.

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Ben Jones :

Before proceeding please note that as I am a practising solicitor, I am often in and out of meetings, travelling between clients or even at court when I pick your question up. This may even occur at weekends. Therefore, I apologise in advance but there may be a delay in getting back to you and providing my advice. Please be patient and I will respond as soon as I can. You do not have to wait here and you will receive an email when I have responded. For now please let me know how long you have worked there.

JACUSTOMER-10e3acqc- :

20years I am a civil servant and work for dwp

Ben Jones :

Thank you and just to clarify - what is the alleged misconduct here, what did the employer believe you did wrong in order to discipline you?