29905560

My son is working as a chef within a large well known store

Customer Question

My son is working as a chef within a large well known store but is not being paid the correct rate (as other chefs working there) . He has been doing this for about 2 years & he has been told for the past 4 months that they are "looking into it" but is getting know where. Is this illegal? Many thanks.

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Ben Jones :

Before proceeding please note that as I am a practising solicitor, I am often in and out of meetings, travelling between clients or even at court when I pick your question up. This may even occur at weekends. Therefore, I apologise in advance but there may be a delay in getting back to you and providing my advice. Please be patient and I will respond as soon as I can. You do not have to wait here and you will receive an email when I have responded. For now please let me know what you mean when you refer to your son not being paid the correct rate