tdlawyer
tdlawyer, Laywer
Experience:  Lawyer with 9 years experience in employment related issues.
73598664

I require copy of company law relating to a private golf cub

Customer Question

I require copy of company law relating to a private golf cub ltd How members can request an extraordinary general meeting
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 4 years ago.

tdlawyer :

Hello, thank you for your question.

tdlawyer :

Members of a company can require a general meeting (they are no longer called EGMs) by getting at least 5% of the shareholders to agree to demand the company call a meeting.

tdlawyer :

Once you have 5%, under s.303 of the Companies Act 2006, the board of directors must call a meeting. You must, in the letter requesting the board to call the meeting (with the signatures of the other members on or attached to it), state what general business you want to discuss at the meeting, and you can include the text of any resolution you want the directors to put to the meeting.

tdlawyer :

The meeting must then notify the members within 21 days of the request that the meeting with then take place within 28 days after the notice is sent out to them.

tdlawyer :

I hope this answers your question and if so, please remember to rate the answer for me.