29905560

IT Contract (Northern Ireland)

Customer Question

I am a contractor in the IT industry and have completed a contract via an agency in Northern Ireland. The contract was for 3 months and started on the day: 22nd of July. The completion date being the 18th of October, with a notice period of 4 weeks. Given that the agency had telephoned me at the end of the second last week of the contract my concern is the notice period of the contract with the agency. Do I accept that the notice period is fore-fitted as there was less than 4 weeks remaining prior to the natural end of the contract. There would have been 3 weeks remaining in the notice period. Could you clarify whether the agency have acted within the contract or do they need to pay the remaining notice weeks to my company? I can provide the documents if necessary for further information, where they are held in confidence.

Ben Jones : Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Do you mean you expect to be paid beyond the term of the contract? Also was the notice period only for early termination of the contract?
Customer :

I wouldn't classify this as an answer, more a series of questions.

Ben Jones :

Hello, no answer has been provided yet I have asked some preliminary questions which I would need an answer to before I go ahead and provide my advice, thanks

Customer :

You're answer has not provided any confidence in its content. You have not asked any questions seeking additional documentation. Your questions in response are more of an insulting nature. I intend to re-post or reject and withdraw the question.