29905560

Should I resign prior to my disciplinary hearing (gross misconduct

Customer Question

Should I resign prior to my disciplinary hearing (gross misconduct - intoxicated at work) - or should I provide a statement for the hearing? The witness statements are pretty damning, and at the moment I am on good terms with my employer and do not want to risk a bad reference.

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Ben Jones :

Before proceeding please note that as I am a practising solicitor, I am often in and out of meetings, travelling between clients or even at court when I pick your question up. This may even occur at weekends. Therefore, I apologise in advance but there may be a delay in getting back to you and providing my advice. Please be patient and I will respond as soon as I can. You do not have to wait here and you will receive an email when I have responded. For now please let me know what you hope to achieve by resigning prior to your hearing

JACUSTOMER-f7l00bnz- :

I suspect that the outcome of the hearing would be immediate dismissal, so would avoid that on my CV or any future reference. Also I could possibly negotiate a notice period purely for the purposes of handover

JACUSTOMER-f7l00bnz- :

Or can a disciplinary continue even if I resign??

JACUSTOMER-f7l00bnz- :

Did I pay £22 to be asked what I hope to achieve by resigning?! If so I would like a refund!

Ben Jones :

Hello, sorry for the delay but when you asked for a refund the system closed the question and I could no longer post my replies. You did not pay your deposit just to have me ask you a question but before I provide an answer I will need to ask some preliminary questions. Do you still need help in relation to this matter?