Experience:  30 years experience as a solicitor.
31090051

can two of my directors interview me on my own over a grievance

Customer Question

can two of my directors interview me on my own over a grievance they have
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Are you also a director?

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was a contractor for a limited company. Near the end of my contract I asked for a meeting to agree my "resignation and exit strategy as I did not want to tender for anymore work with that company. I expected to meet to discuss that with one director.

I found myself facing two directors who said they were not happy with a part of my work and they would be terminating the contract ( the one I had already intimated I was resigning from.)

I had no prior knowledge of their intent to raise any grievance,, and was not given a copy of the minutes of the meeting, but was asked to work out the full term of my contract .

Now I have received a letter stating my actions led to my contract being terminated. The action their are not happy about was prior to me being a contractor, and relates to when I was a volunteer. I feel my reputation has been damaged and their actions may be illeagal

Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
The terminology you are using, such as grievance, is as if you are an employee but you are not. You are an independent contractor.

If you have not breached your contract with them in any way then you are entitled to be paid for the contract work you have done and do nothing further in the absence of any further contractual obligation.

This is not an employment issue. It is a contractual issue.

Happy to discuss further. I will be back online tomorrow.