29905560

Hi , I took on a temp job ( Im a freeXXXXX XXXXX) via a recruit

Customer Question

Hi , I took on a temp job ( I'm a freeXXXXX XXXXX) via a recruitment agency/recruitment business. Before the job started I sent my rates and terms to the agent to be forwarded to the client as I did not have a contact for the client it was all going through the agency. The agency/ business agreed to my terms on the email and returned it to me. At this stage I was under the impression that the client was aware of my terms. Towards the end of the job I found out that the recruitment agency/business did not give my terms to the client and the client does not want to pay my travel expenses which were agreed by the agency/business on my email. Now the agency/business is back tracking as I want to challenge them in the small claims court. Who is Liable ? the agency? is this deceit on the agencies part? will being a recruitment agency or recruitment business affect the outcome?

rgds Paul

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What do you hope to achieve ?

JACUSTOMER-1jti40e6- :

Well, my terms and fees included monies for travel which the client was unaware of and I wish to recoup my travel costs which the Agency agreed to on behalf of the client, I want to know if the agency is liable before I go to small claims

JACUSTOMER-1jti40e6- :

Its not just the £220 its also a matter of principles, terms are there to be adhered to and trusted not abused.

JACUSTOMER-1jti40e6- :

Please respond?

Customer :

should I wait for my answer on email Ben?

Customer :

????? I guess your quite busy, should I wait for answer via my email Ben?