Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

I HAVE APPLIED FOR A JOB, HAVE BEEN GIVEN INCONSISTANT FEEDBACK,

Customer Question

I HAVE APPLIED FOR A JOB, HAVE BEEN GIVEN INCONSISTANT FEEDBACK, BY THREE DIFFERENT MANAGERS, CAN PROVE THEY WERE NOT FOLLOWING A PROCESS. CAN I DO ANYTHING.

I am writing to you as you are the head of HR within the ******* have recently had a couple of interviews within your group and would like to bring a couple of things to your attention, as I do not think I have been treated fairly, and would like to appeal against these decisions.

Interview with 'Mel' at The Quays - Northampton.

I met with Mel at The Quays for a first interview on Wednesday 30th October. We discussed the deputy management position, and Mel felt I not only had the skills to do this job, but I had the required experience to do a General Management Job. When I left Mel Said she would be in touch, which she did the following week.

Appointment with BDM XXXXX XXXXX at The Quays - Northampton

Mel called me and invited me down to meet her business development manager, on Thursday 7th November 2013. In Mel's answer phone message, it clearly states that XXXXX XXXXX would like to meet me, it was NEVER mentioned that this was going to be a second interview.

I arrived at The Quays at 10.20am on Thursday 7th November, as my appointment was at 10.30am. XXXXX XXXXX arrived at 10.45am and then proceeded to have a 15 minute chat with me, of which 5 minutes was on a phone call. I was never asked at the appointment about my back ground or previous experiences. The only question I was asked was about being a manager and a leader.

I find this very unprofessional, not only his late arrival, but the time he spent with me, was not enough to make an informed decision.

On the 12th November I got a very quick email, stating I have not been successful.

I find this decision very disheartening, I have asked for in depth feedback as he stated "we have gone for someone with more relevant skills" my email has been read, but no reply has been forth coming.

I travelled 300 miles for the two interviews and deserve more respect that being fobbed off with three lines on an email.

Relevant Skills

After reading the job description I felt I had the required relevant skills, and at my first meeting with "Mel I was told this". I was also told that as I had not worked for one of the "Branded Companies in the UK" this should not matter, as I have a diverse experience.

Meeting with Joe Masini - Coleville - 14th November 2013.

Following my meeting with XXXXX XXXXX, I was then invited to meet Joe Masini at Coleville, to discuss my experiences etc. I felt the meeting went well, and left feeling that we could progress. I find it difficult to understand after this meeting how I am unsuccessful.

Today I have received an email from Alistair Todd, stating that my application with the Spirit Group has been un-successful, but with no feedback, although have been asked to contact Joe Masini for this

Again I refer to my previous section on this letter, about Relevant Experience, and why none of this is relevant.

Conclusion

I find the way I have been treated is very unprofessional and left with false hopes, and would welcome a meeting with you to discuss this.

The Following Questions Need Answering:-

1. How can a person make an informed decision within 10 minutes.

2. Why is my experience not suitable for a Deputy Management Role?

3. Why has the area manager ignored my email about more feedback.

4. In your estate of 800 Managed Houses, is my experience not suitable for ANY position?

I wish to appeal against both of these decisions, and look forward to a meeting to present my case in due course, as I feel with my experience your decisions have been wrong

I also have evidence to produce that I am more qualified than some General Manager's Working for the Spirit Group, which then would make me have more RELEVANT SKILLS than the current people in these positions.

I just want to be given a chance by the Spirit Group to show my talents, and allowed to shine, and not treated wrongly.

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What are you hoping to achieve?

Ben Jones : Actually I have seen that I have given you plenty of advice in the past and you have been unhappy or requested a refund every time so it is not economical for me to provide any further advice for you I'm afraid and as such I will opt out
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes please re-list this question

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Anyone be able to help me with this please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello, Anyone There to Assist

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you

I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

can anyone assist me at all

I suspect that my colleagues have been reluctant to deal with the matter as we can only give you bad news.
Unless you can show that you were discriminated against in the process on the basis of your age gender or physical disability there is no action that you can take against this firm.
Any firm is entitled to decide someone is not for them - in any role - in an interview no matter how long it does or doesn't last
Nothing that you have said discloses anything other than the fact that one of the managers took a dislike to to you

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated.

To rate your answer, you can go to your question page, and click one of the five faces below the Expert's answer. Please be sure you are logged in with your username and password or you will not be able to view or rate your answer.

If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.