Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

I AM AN EMPLOYEE AND BOOKED MY ANNUAL HOLIDAY FROM OCTOBER

Customer Question

I AM AN EMPLOYEE AND BOOKED MY ANNUAL HOLIDAY FROM OCTOBER FOR THREE WEEKS TO TRAVEL TO AFRICA FOR IMPORTANT MISSION. MY EMPLOYERS REJECTED MY THREE WEEKS HOLIDAY AND ONLY CONFIRMED TWO WEEKS. EVEN THOUGH I HAD MORE HOLIDAYS OUTSTANDING.THE MISTAKE I DID WAS I PAID FOR MY TICKET BEFORE MY EMPLOYERS REJECTED ME. I SUPPOSED TO RESUMED WORK ON THE 17 OCTOBER 2013 BUT I RESUMED ON THE 21 OCTOBER 2013. MY EMPLOYERS ARE NOT HAPPY WITH ME SAYING THAT I TOOK COMPANY DAYS WITHOUT THEIR APPROVAL.THAT I HAVE VOILATED COMPANY RULES. ALL THE SAME I CALLED MY LINE MANAGER FROM AFRICA ON THE 13 OCTOBER 2013 AND INFORMED HIM THAT I HAVE ENCOUNTED PROBLEM AND THAT I CAN NOT RESUMED ON THE 17 0CTOBER.

CURRENT SITUATION;
MY EMPLOYERS HAVE DEDUCTED ONE WEEK PAY FROM MY WAGES OF WHICH I HAVE ACCEPTED.THEY ALSO HAVE TAKEN ME TO DISCIPLINARY COMMITEE FOR FURTHER INVESTIGATION SAYING I HAVE LIED TO MY EMPLOYERS AND THAT I SHOULD PRODUCE MY TRAVELLING TICKET FOR EVIDENCE. I FIRST REFUSED TO PRODUCE
MY TICKET AS THE RETURNED DATE ON IT WAS 18 OCTOBER, WHICH OVER PASS MY RESUMED DATE TO WORK.THE COMMITEE INSIST TO SEE MY TICKET ON NEXT HEARING COMING ON NEXT WEEK.

IN FACT ON THE FIRST HEARING I LIED TO THE COMMITEE THAT DUE TO THE PROBLEM I ENCOUNTED IN AFRICA MY BROTHER BOUGHT A NEW TICKET FOR ME HENCE RESUMED WORK ON THE 21 OCTOBER. COULD THIS CALL FOR MY DISMISSAL?. I HAVE BEEN WITH MY EMPLOYERS 24 YEARS.

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Ben Jones :

Is your disciplinary record clean to date?

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an information request here from the Expert. This means they need to know more details before they will be able to give you a full answer.