tdlawyer
tdlawyer, Laywer
Experience:  Lawyer with 9 years experience in employment related issues.
73598664

I was dismissed in June from my nursing job .my unison rep

I was dismissed in June from my nursing job .my unison rep said I had a very strong case for unfair dismissal.however the paper work was not sent in time for a tribunal .unison has admitted negligence where do I stand?
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 4 years ago.

tdlawyer :

Hello, thank you for your question.

tdlawyer :

My name isXXXXX can answer this for you.

tdlawyer :

What would you like to know specifically please?

Customer: Do I need to make an official complaint to unison or are they obliged to act on this themselves . Have I lost all chance of taking my case to a tribunal
tdlawyer :

If you are out of time, you are unlikely to be able to get it heard now except for a very good reason. If the reason is Unison forgot to lodge it, then that's not a good reason.

tdlawyer :

You would need to sue unison for negligence.

tdlawyer :

You say they admit negligence, so now it should be a case of them paying out if you had a good case.

tdlawyer :

You need to get a solicitor involved, who can sue Unison for you.

tdlawyer :

You cannot expect Unison to help you if they are a potential defendant and potentially in the wrong here.

tdlawyer :

You should be able to get a solicitor to do this on a no win no fee agreement for you.

tdlawyer :

Strangely, from the perspective of legal costs, you are likely now to be in a better position that you were beforehand when making the complaint yourself to the employment tribunal.