29905560

I TOOK REDUNDERCY AFTER BEING TOLD THAT DURING MY CONSUTATION

I TOOK REDUNDERCY AFTER BEING TOLD THAT DURING MY CONSUTATION THAT FROM 1ST OCTOBER THAT THERE WOULD BE NO HOURS OR ANY 1 ON SITE IT HAS COME TO MY KNOWLEDGE THAT THERE ARE STAFF STILL WORKING THERE IF I HAD KNOWN THIS I WOULD NOT HAVE TAKEN REDUNDERCY WHAT CAN I DO AS IM SO MUGGED OFF I HAVE BEEN ON SITE SINCE DAY 1 AND WAS 1ST PERSON ON SITE I WORKED FOR ISS AT SITE IN DOCKLANDS FOR BARCLAYS

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. When did your employment terminate?

Customer:

OCTOBER 25 THIS YEAR

Ben Jones :

How long did you work there for?

Customer:

SINCE SUMMER OF 2007

Ben Jones :

ok let me get my response ready please

Ben Jones :

At this stage you only have a couple of options really - one is to contact the employer and ask for your job back, and the other is to make a claim for unfair dismissal in the employment tribunal.

You can contact the employer first, advise them that you are aware of the situation and that you were misled about taking redundancy and request that you are reinstated. If they agree they can ask you to repay your redundancy though so bear that in mind. You can also remind them you will consider going to the tribunal if they do not agree.

If they refuse to take you back on then the only thing you can do is to make a claim for unfair dismissal in the employment tribunal. You will be seeking compensation for loss of earnings resulting from this. So if you are still out of a job or getting paid considerably less, you can seek compensation to cover the difference from what you were paid for a period of time

Customer:

HOW DO I GET IN TOUCH WITH EMPLOYMENT TRIBUNAL

Ben Jones :

you need to complete form ET1 here:

https://www.employmenttribunals.service.gov.uk/employment-tribunals

Customer:

THANKS BEN

Ben Jones :

You are most welcome. Please take a second to leave a positive rating for the advice I have provided as that is an important part of our process. Thank you and all the best