29905560

i gave notice and worked more than the contractual notice

Customer Question

i gave notice and worked more than the contractual notice period for my pervious employer. they want me to go back and answer some questions on potential errors that have been subsequently found. do i have an obligation to comply with their request ?

Ben Jones : Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Has your employment now tA
Ben Jones : terminated?
JACUSTOMER-v8l4oi5u- : Yes it terminated on 22 November and I have started new employment elsewhere.
Ben Jones :

The employer cannot force you to attend a meeting with them now that your employment has terminated. They also cannot take any action, such as disciplining you. Whether you agree to meet with them is entirely up to you You may decide to see what the issues they have raised are but whether you do anything about them, like defend yourself or help with their investigation is for you to decide and if at any point you feel unhappy with proceeding you can simply walk away

JACUSTOMER-v8l4oi5u- : Does it make any difference that I was the company accountant and that I am an ACCA member?
Ben Jones :

yes, but depending on what you actually did it would amount to negligence and as a professional you could carry personal liability so whilst this is far from obviius as being the case here, you may wish to see what these errors are and provide a reasonable explanation rather then leave the employer to continue based on their own perception and you then having to explain yourself to others, such as your professional body

Ben Jones :

Please let me know if this has answered your query or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this?