29905560

Can my ex employer claim rights over me after my contract has

Customer Question

Can my ex employer claim rights over me after my contract has come to an end?

Ben Jones : Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Can you explain your situation in a bit more detail please?
Customer : Hi
Customer :

I terminated my contract on the 3rd December. My employer has acknowledged in writing that by my resignation of the 3rd it was made clear that their obligations to me came to an end however they insisted that the totality of my obligations to the firm remained beyond this date making reference to duty rota work which I am entitled to between the period 14 Jan 14 to 13 July 14.

This duty work is provided by the Legal Aid Authority(LAA) board to the firm with whom i will be employed at on the 14 Jan 14.

The LAA confirmed on 9 Dec 13 that my duty work would go to my new employer.

The LAA authority have today (20 Dec) said that following representation from my old employer they are awarding my duty work to them and not my old employer.

What action can I take against my old employer?

As a result of my ex employer maintaing a right over my duty work I will lose future earnings of 6 months and will be unemployable.

With the LAA do i have to issue judicial reveiw?

Ben Jones :

Sorry I have been assigned a tribunal case to prepare over the weekend so will not be able to assist with this query, I will opt out and allow my colleagues to deal with it if they can - this question is no open to all other experts. Thanks

Customer : I understand but I only want advice from you as I have been advised be you previously.
Ben Jones :

Thank you but I believe this issue was covered by me previously so looking at it now I am not sure what else I can add without spending more time on it, which unfortunately is not possible due to my other commitments at this time. My colleagues are competent to advise on this if needed so if someone thinks they can deal with it they will get back to you. Thank you for your understanding