taratill
taratill, Solicitor
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
32019188

Our Boss closed office doors in May 2013, employment tribunal

Customer Question

Our Boss closed office doors in May 2013, employment tribunal award given to us, boss ignored with no attendance/correspondence, high court applied for and granted and officers have attended twice/three times to get monies owed to us. Company has a proposal to strike off WITH a further 6 months objection as from January 2014 in place at companies house. Redundancy payment received from Redundancies Services balance of award figure £3,573.73 (each) still to be paid to us. Can we get Legal Aid to assist us as putting him into Insolvency will cost approximately £1,385 odd pounds. as advised by CAB, He has not registered the company with the PAYE with the HMRC, he has deducted NI and Taxes from four employees since August 2011 and has not paid monies to the HMRC. He has not submitted accounts to Companies House.
Info: Myself 9 years my colleague 11 years continual employment under two other company names plus the recent one incorporated in August 2011 and dates and award acknowledged by the Employment Tribunal Service, Exeter.
How can we get the remaining monies owed to us ?
Anita and Mary
Expert:  taratill replied 3 years ago.

taratill : Hello my name is Jenny and I'm happy to help you today. Have you got home insurance and if so does it cover legal expenses?