29905560

Hi I work on permanent basis and I have 3 months notice listed

I work on permanent basis and I have 3 months notice listed in my employment contract for both parties (myself & employer).
In the event of redundancy;
Q1 For how many moths I will be entitled during risk period? (is it 3 months?)
Q2 For how many moths I will be entitled when my employment contract has been terminated (how many monthly payment?)

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How long have you worked there for?

Customer:

since April 2013

Ben Jones :

How many people are being made redundant?

Customer:

nothing. just myself

Customer:

I have not made redundant yet. I have a meeting with my manager to discuss the current workload but I'm worry about he may start the risk period today

Ben Jones :

1. The at risk period could be as long or as short as the employer requires it. As you are the only person being made redundant there is no requirement to hold a minimum period of consultation so if necessary the employer can place you at risk and then make you redundant the following week.

2. Once you have been issued with formal notice of redundancy, you are entitled to receive the contractual notice period you have. So you will either be asked to work the 3 month notice period or you can be paid in lieu of notice.

Customer:

from my information the risk period is for a month (can you give me more details)

Ben Jones :

No that is only if there are at least 20 employees being made redundant

Ben Jones :

If it is just you then there is no minimum period

Customer:

The payment in lieu of the 3 months notice. can be one time or I have to wait to get the payment every month?

Ben Jones :

it will be paid in a lump sum no later than the next pay date after your employment terminates

Customer:

The payment will be taxfree?

Ben Jones :

not the notice pay, that is a contractual payment and is taxable

Customer:

ok thanks

Ben Jones :

You are most welcome. Please take a second to leave a positive rating for the advice I have provided as that is an important part of our process. Thank you and feel free to bookmark my profile for future help:

www.justanswer.com/law/expert-ben-jones/