29905560

Hi Ben Its going all the way to redundancy now - just a couple

Hi Ben
Its going all the way to redundancy now - just a couple of quick questions first
1- How long does it take generally for a Unfair dismissal case to he heard and settled / finished .
2- what is the sort of amounts in compensation I can claim if i win
3- If i get a job within a month or so , does that mean that i cannot claim loss of earning s/

Ben Jones :

Hello again, to answer your questions:

1. It really depends on the complexity of the case, the availability at the employment tribunal, any delaying factors like postponement requests by the other party and so on. No way to predict that but you are looking at several months at least

2. For unfair dismissal following redundancy you are only looking at compensation for loss of earnings so it entirely depends on what losses you have incurred as a result of the dismissal

3. Unfortunately yes – you have a duty to find a new job as soon as possible. So if you find a job that pays equally well within a month, your losses will be limited to a month and that is all you can claim from the employer.

Customer:

Ok what do you mean when you mentioned an uplift ?

Customer:

Ok - what if I cant get another job - is there a limit to what i can claim ?

Customer:

What about compensation - I took this job on as a career job and thought id be here until i retired - I am 50 this month and may find it really difficult to get another job .

Ben Jones :

The uplift is if the employer has failed to follow the ACAS Code but that will only happen if they have not dealt with a grievance or disciplinary procedure properly.

The compensation for unfair dismissal is limited to £74,200

This will be taken into account by the tribunal, they will assess your prospects of getting another job, depending on your age, experience, qualifications, the job market, etc

Ben Jones :

Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this?