taratill
taratill, Solicitor
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
32019188

I was abused and humiliated by the owner of the business I

I was abused and humiliated by the owner of the business I work for infront of a team I manage. I was accused of being deceitful and lying. Although the other owners of the business have stated they are disgusted and that changes would happen and the boss in question has apologised I feel I can not work here anymore. Am I entitled to a pay off?
Expert:  taratill replied 3 years ago.

taratill :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am happy to help you today. How long have you worked for your employer?

JACUSTOMER-ow7l9t5m- :

3 years

taratill :

Have you already raised a formal grievance about this and are you expected to work with the boss in the future?

Customer:

no formal grievance I threatened to resign and the chairman and owner said they would make changes necessary. They have since changed reporting structure which now means I don't report to the boss in question but he still interferes and things have not really changed

taratill :

did they take any disciplinary action against him?

Customer:

no

taratill :

Hi i notice that you have rated bad service I haven't had the chance to answer your question yet as I did not have all of the relevant information.

taratill :

In order to take action against your former employer you must first exhaust the formal grievance procedure otherwise you would be criticised by an employment tribunal for not doing so. You should ask what action your employer is going to take to protect you from further abuse and humiliation in the light of the fact that nothing has changed since you complained. If your employer cannot then reassure you you will be entitled to resign and claim constructive unfair dismissal in the employment tribunal. You will find the claim form at www.employmenttribunals.gov.uk.

taratill :

If your employer's action has been tantamount to bullying and the employer has not taken action then you have every right to complain as you should expect your employer to assist you in those circumstances.

taratill :

Please let me know if you have any further quesitons about this. In the meantime I would be grateful if you would now give my answer a positive rating. Many thanks.

taratill, Solicitor
Experience: 15 years experience of advising on employment law matters