29905560

Hi Ben Ive just come out of a meeting where i have been told

Hi Ben
Ive just come out of a meeting where i have been told I am on notice as of today - they have awarded garden leave for a month from today - But i intend to appeal the case - surely my notice shouldnt start until that has been dealt with?

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How long have you worked there for?

Customer:

Ihave already had discussions wiht you over this case - hopefully you still have the information .

Ben Jones :

Let me try and find it, on emoment please

Ben Jones :

ok got it

Ben Jones :

It is not how it works unfortunately - you are issued with notice of dismissal, for whatever reason whether it is redundancy or anything else, and the notice starts to run as soon at is is communicated to you. After that you have the right to appeal the dismissal but the notice will continue to run. Sometimes your employment may even terminate before the appeal hearing is held or a decision is made. But if the appeal is successful and the employer agrees that you should not have been dismissed they will either terminate the notice or they will reinstate you to your old job if you were already dismissed

Customer:

ok thanks

Ben Jones :

You're welcome