taratill
taratill, Solicitor
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
32019188

I am the technology development manager for a small oil and

I am the technology development manager for a small oil and gas company, my main role within the comapny is to oversee and manage the research and devlopment of new products.

I have just been informed that my R & D bdget has been withdrawn for the year, this results in me being unable to perofrm my job and therefore meet my yearly targets and objectives.

Does this withdrawl of my funding thus making ny role within the company redundant consist of sonstructive dismissal?
Expert:  taratill replied 3 years ago.

taratill :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am happy to help you today. How long have you worked there for?

Customer:

10 years

taratill :

What have they said will happen to you/ your role?

Customer:

Nothing yet, nobody has suggested what I will do instaed of my R&D role

taratill :

Ok if the need for someone to do your role ceases or diminshes due to the lack of funding in the budget this creates a redudnancy situation. You should be consulted as to the situation and offered any alternative work available. If there is no alternative work then you should be made redundant and paid redundancy pay.

taratill :

It is not a constructive dismissal situation unless the employer fails to follow a redundancy process.

taratill :

If you have any further questions please do ask.

Customer:

Thank you very much

taratill :

No problem, I do hope this works out for you. Please remember to rate my answer as it is an important part of the process. Many thanks