taratill
taratill, Solicitor
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
32019188

Hello ,I have worked for the company for 15 years with a clean

Hello ,I have worked for the company for 15 years with a clean record i was told yesterday that i have got 3 options ,resign with a cash sum,be given a cash sum and be demoted or take on a capablity proceedure.What should i do.The boss wants rid of me but has never had any concerns meeting or have i ever had any deciplinary meetings with him.
Expert:  taratill replied 3 years ago.

taratill : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am happy to help you today. How long have you worked there for?
Customer:

Hello Jenny,

Customer:

15 years

taratill : Has something happened that has led them to say this to you?
Customer:

nothing other than boss feels that i am too close to workforce and that i am too nice a guy

Customer:

he feels that the workforce isnt doing enough but the work does get done

taratill : Hello what did you do when you were given this ultimatum, did you resign?
Customer:

no he said go home and think about it i cant think about anything else i am 53 so i want to make sure i am protected

Customer:

i said to him why didnt you respond to my request for a joint action plan meeting to address any issues

Customer:

he did not answer other than he will be putting it in the hands of the companies HR advisors

Expert:  taratill replied 3 years ago.
Ok well it is unfair dismiissal and potentially also age discrimination if you are dismissed or forced to resign in those circumstances.

The employer does not have a fair reason to dismiss you or to ask you to resign and, as such, you can bring a claim.

You should raise a grievance about the employer's actions and make it clear you are unhappy. It is entirely inapproprate that you are being treated like this.

If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your quesiton I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you so would you recomend i see a solicitor

Expert:  taratill replied 3 years ago.
Yes you could do. You may find that your household insurance policy contains legal expenses insurance that will cover you in these circumstances.

All the best with this.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

because they have offered the other options how do i stand

Expert:  taratill replied 3 years ago.
It is inappropriate for you to be given an ultimatum in this manner. It may be that you will be offered a settlement agreement to leave (with a sum of money attached). You should not be placed on a capability procedure if there is no evidence that you are not capable to do your job.

You should raise a grievance about this as I have already suggested.

Please do take the time to rate my answer as it is an important part of the process.
taratill, Solicitor
Experience: 15 years experience of advising on employment law matters