taratill
taratill, Solicitor
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
32019188

hello i have a contract of 22 and a half hours, with a stated

Customer Question

hello i have a contract of 22 and a half hours, with a stated shift pattern on the contract. The firm i work are changing their working practises and called me into the office to tell me that they are changing my working shift. One one day they have asked that i work 18.30 - 23.00 which i cannot do as i am committed to my local church or they have said if i do not work this evening i must work a saturday shift, which is my only day off with my partner as she works 6 days a week and only has this day off. Is this an invasion of my private life.They have said that if i do not take one of these shifts then they will reduce my contracted hours.. is this legal can they do any of the above. I am on the understanding that they cannot reduce my contracted hours. Thankyou
Expert:  taratill replied 3 years ago.

taratill : Hi I am trying to answer your other question. I am not offline, the site seems to be experiencing some technical difficulties. Please bear with me I will answer it as soon as I can get onto it.
JACUSTOMER-9g0ear3m- :

sorry i got confused, can this manager just reduce my hours if i cannot work the days he has set out, i am open for him to work other days but he said he does not have other days for me to change what he wants me to do

taratill :

I have just answered that on your other question. Please can you stick to the other thread otherwise it will be confusing.