29905560

what is the legal time limited for to bring a employer to court

Customer Question

what is the legal time limited for to bring a employer to court for unfair dismissal

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Ben Jones :

The time limit is 3 months from the 'effective date of termination, meaning the date on which the employment officially terminated

Ben Jones :

When did the person who this query is about had their employment terminated?

Ben Jones :

Hello, I see you have accessed and read my answer to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this?

JACUSTOMER-3q42q10z- :

2years ago he has parkinson so his contract was terminated he has worked for this company for 30 years the company told him that they made no enhance payments to anyone and paid him 12 weeks pay inlieu of notice plus 4 holidays

Ben Jones :

So you mean that the dismissal was 2 years ago, is that correct?

Ben Jones :

Hi, do you mean the actual dismissal took place 2 years ago?