tdlawyer
tdlawyer, Laywer
Experience:  Lawyer with 9 years experience in employment related issues.
73598664

I am on a fixed term contract and after less than 3 months

Customer Question

I am on a fixed term contract and after less than 3 months of a six month probation period, the boss told me my work is unsatisfactory and I was asked to leave within a week. I am now being told that I have to take my leave in my notice period. Is this right or should I be paid for the two weeks I worked this month, my leave of 8 days and my notice?
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 3 years ago.

tdlawyer :

Hello, welcome to the website. My name is Tony, I can assist you with this.

tdlawyer :

The Working Time Regulations do permit an employer to require you to take holiday during a notice period, and indeed, the employer can say when the holiday should be taken.

tdlawyer :

However, it depends what your contract of employment says about this too, although if like most, I doubt it mentions it at all. If that is the case, then the employer can require you to work out your notice period and to take part of that as holiday that you have accrued.