29905560

I have reviewed the contract of a member of my team. It states

I have reviewed the contract of a member of my team. It states that the employer is XYZ Ltd (UK Representative office) of ....UK address...

XYZ Ltd is a Cyprus company and DOES NOT have a UK representative office.

Does this invalidate the contract??

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. I presume he has been working for the company for some time and receiving payment?

Customer:

yes, since 2012

Ben Jones :

OK, thank you, XXXXX XXXXX this with me - I will look into this for you, get my response ready and get back to you on here. No need to wait around and you will get an email when I have responded, thank you

Ben Jones :

it is unlikely that the whole contract will be invalidated just because of this. This is an administrative error and can be corrected, regardless of what the contract says, it is likely that a contract will be implied anyway so a contract would exist. Re there any specific reasons for wanting to make this contract void?

Customer:

No - you may recall from our previous discussions that this firm has a number of problems, and I was just checking to see that this wasnt another one! Thanks again for your help.

Ben Jones :

of course it is something hat needs to be changed so just issue a correction to the current contract with the right company name