29905560

I have been on redundancy consultation starting 30/11/2013.

Customer Question

I have been on redundancy consultation starting 30/11/2013. On February 3rd 2014 I commenced an alternative role which I found unsuitable as it was in a totally different field in which I did not have the academic base and experience and therefore the capacity to discharge. I rejected the role on the 4th of February. My employer did not get back to me until the 18th of February which is when we had a meeting and they said I would be recalled to my old role under consultation for two week (to complete the trial period) and then have to serve 5 weeks notice commencing 1st of March.

I have now found employment elsewhere and I had advised them I would start on the 6th of march, this based on my understanding that by rejecting the role on the 4th I had given my employer notice.

Was I right in my interpretation? If I was wrong how would I leave even if it means my loosing my redundancy payment.

You assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How long have you worked there for?

Ben Jones :

Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above but can you please let me know how long you have worked there for?