Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

Hello, I was recently notified that my role at work had not

Customer Question

Hello, I was recently notified that my role at work had not been assimilated into the Agenda for Change banding. I was asked to write down in detail my job description and job spec. Which I did and it was agreed by my manager. I was then told that I would be job matched and notified of my new banding and all money owing would be back paid. I have been back paid a rather large fee since and am happy. However, I am dissapointed with the banding which is at the very top of band 3 although manager thought the job would be band 4. I am about to appeal. What can I do to make a good case for a higher band. Please not my manager has since left and I was not in the union until approx 4 weeks ago. Any pointers? Thank you

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How long have you worked there?

JACUSTOMER-2spe99sd- :

Hello Ben, I have worked here for over 7 years but within the nhs for 11.

JACUSTOMER-2spe99sd- :

Are you still there?

Ben Jones :

OK, thank you, please leave this with me - I will look into this for you, get my response ready and get back to you on here. No need to wait around and you will get an email when I have responded, thank you

JACUSTOMER-2spe99sd- :

Thank you, please bear in mind that I am an Admin coordinator, in charge of an admin assistant.

JACUSTOMER-2spe99sd- :

I was originally hired as an admin assistant 7 years ago, but have since been promoted. But they forgot to assimilate me into agenda for change. I was not aware of the problem until they brought it up. So the error is theirs. Thank you

Ben Jones :

I have looked into your query in more detail but do not think I have the answer to your question as this is a rather specific query with Agenda for Change issues which are industry-specific and somewhat outside of my area. I will therefore opt out and let other experts take this further if they can. Someone should respond shortly. Please do not reply in the meantime as that will just assign the question back to me and you will experience a delay. Thank you

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.