29905560

My employer still wont give me a contract what can I do. They

My employer still won't give me a contract what can I do. They give me a cheque on the last day of the month that can take 5 days to clear .

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How long have you worked there for?

Customer: I have worked there for 3 months
Ben Jones :

Under law employees are entitled to receive a written statement of employment particulars no later than 2 months after they have started working for an employer. This is not a contract but it will contain many terms that one would find in a contract. Details of this are here:

https://www.gov.uk/employment-contracts-and-conditions/written-statement-of-employment-particulars

In terms of the payment, then it is not unlawful to be paid by cheque and have to wait a few days to clear it. If that is the employer’s chosen method of payment then it will be what they can choose to pay you with.

Ben Jones :

Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? Thanks

Customer: Thank you Ben for your help
Ben Jones :

You are most welcome. Please take a second to leave a positive rating for the advice I have provided as that is an important part of our process. Thank you and feel free to bookmark my profile for future help:

www.justanswer.com/law/expert-ben-jones/