Thanks for your advice.
I have made a statement and have got good character references from a previous suspension (accused of having poor professional boundaries in that I did a social work job instead of referring it on to social work team. I was vindicated for this and later that same year, 2013, put a grievance in against management for unfair treatment about another matter, which I won in December).
During this grievance I asked to be moved from the ward as it is such a stressful place to work (I had 3 months off for work-related stress last year) and because it doesn't suit my temperament (I have worked in the community for years).
For 6 weeks since this time I was not moved from the ward and it is where the incident took place (following 2 arguments with 2 different staff members complaining about me). I think this can be part of my defence.
I am unable to seek support from any witnesses as management forbid me from making contact with anyone from work or stepping onto the hospital grounds.
I described the previous incident/suspension because I was wondering if there are any grounds for suggesting management have a vendetta against me since my grievance? Or maybe I am being paranoid!
This probably all makes me sound like a nutter but I sort of feel I have been changed into one from all the pressures the ward has put me under.
Hi again Alex
Sorry I was just putting you in the picture before. Due to the fact the management wrote to me the date of the meeting (Monday 3rd March) on Thursday but declined to write the time on the letter, I have been unable to secure a unison rep to support me.
1)Is it reasonable to ask them to delay the meeting for this reason? Or should I attend alone?
2)I have asked them by email today to delay the meeting and if a disciplinary doesn't happen for several weeks and its beyond my finishing date, management cannot delay my leaving can they?
I have also considered being signed off sick for the stress this is causing. According to what you said this could be acceptable but may end up with the Trust informing the regulator should they decide its a dismissible action.
3)I suppose though it is better to defend oneself and at least try to be excused?
4)Do you think the delay of moving me onto a different position in the trust makes my defence stronger and is worth challenging in the meeting?
I intend to inform my new employers of the situation asap once I know the outcome.
I think that is all!