taratill
taratill, Solicitor
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
32019188

I have been on sick leave since May 2013 so have not used any

I have been on sick leave since May 2013 so have not used any of my 30 days annual leave entitlement, do the company have to pay me the monies or is this money lost? I do not think I will return to work before October 2014 when I retire at 65.
Expert:  taratill replied 3 years ago.

taratill :

Hello and welcome to Just Answer, you are entitled to annual leave that you have not taken due to sickness. At the end of the leave year you are entitled to write to your employer and ask for payment in lieu of untaken holiday. Your employer should pay it and if they fail to do so you can raise a claim in the employment tribunal.

taratill :

If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.