taratill
taratill, Solicitor
Experience:  15 years experience of advising on employment law matters
32019188

My Mum was dismissed from her job on December 17th 2013 she

Customer Question

My Mum was dismissed from her job on December 17th 2013 she appealed against the decision but lost her appeal she is 63 years of age and has decided to take to an Employment Tribunal. She has filled in her ET 1 form as she can not afford a Solicitor she has phoned Solicitors but cant find one who does Legal Aid for Employment Cases. There is a part on ET1 form that ask who is representing her she doesn't have any one to represent her. The Union Lawyer is not taking her case as they have said she has less than a fifty percent chance of winning. She has been a member of the Union for 30 years .Can you advice her what to do. The grounds she is going down is unfair dismissal. She was dismissed for gross misconduct.
Expert:  taratill replied 3 years ago.

taratill :

Hello my name is Jenny and I am happy to help you today, does she also think the decision is related to her age?

JACUSTOMER-fo1ygpyp- :

partly but she feels she has been singled out as there have been a few things she has been unhappy about over the past two years.

taratill :

can you briefly explain the events?