29905560

Good afternoon, The company I work for are looking to make

Good afternoon,
The company I work for are looking to make redundancies, I have worked for them for 10 years and am thinking about volunteering for redundancy, but would like to know what I would be entitled to, someone said they would pay redundancy plus 10 wks notice and would like to know if this is the case or not?

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Ben Jones :

Does your contract or a workplace policy state what your redundancy entitlement is?

Customer: No, I don't believe it does, I was transferred over when the last company went bankrupt
Ben Jones :

Who has told you that you will get an enhanced redundancy package?

Customer: A friend read it online, not sure where though
Customer: all I would like to know is what the minimum I would receive is and if a company has to give you notice
Ben Jones :

OK not sure what he was referring to exactly but if you were to volunteer for redundancy, or even if they make you redundant, you would be entitled to the following:

1. Redundancy pay at the minimum statutory entitlement, unless your contract allows for an enhanced redundancy package. You can calculate the minimum here: https://www.gov.uk/calculate-your-redundancy-pay

2. Your contractual notice period, which cannot be less than one week for every full year of employment with the company

3. Any accrued holidays that remain outstanding

Ben Jones :

So maybe that is what he meant

Customer: Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX that was it, as I have been there for 10 years does that mean I would get redundancy plus 10 wks notice paid to me?
Ben Jones :

Yes, the redundancy payment and the notice are entirely separate

Customer: Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX that answers my question
Ben Jones :

You are most welcome. Please take a second to leave a positive rating for the advice I have provided as that is an important part of our process. Thank you and feel free to bookmark my profile for future help:

www.justanswer.com/law/expert-ben-jones/