29905560

I have been employed by a consultant surgeon for 20 years as

I have been employed by a consultant surgeon for 20 years as PA/Secretary doing the same role but he made himself a limited company four years ago and the limited co. is now my employer. How do I stand with regard to redundancy entitlement? My role, hours, etc did not change.

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What are you seeking redundancy for - the change 4 years ago?

Customer:

No, I wanted to know if I am entitled to the full 20 years redundancy or just the 4 when he became a limited company?

Ben Jones :

OK, I presume when the changes took place everything carried on as normal, the same business, etc, but he just changed to operate as a Ltd company?

Customer:

Yes, his practice and my working conditions, salary etc remained the same but I am now paid by the limited company

Ben Jones :

There wouldn’t have been a break in service because even though technically your employment would have been terminated and you were re-employed by the new employer, as the business transferred fully to them and they took over without making any changes. This means it would be a TUPE transfer which means your employment would have automatically transferred to that company, and you would have kept your existing terms and conditions as well as your continuous service.

Customer:

That's great, thank you very much for your help

Ben Jones :

You are most welcome. Please take a second to leave a positive rating for the advice I have provided as that is an important part of our process. Thank you and feel free to bookmark my profile for future help:

www.justanswer.com/law/expert-ben-jones/