29905560

I commenced work for my company on 09/06/2005 and will be made

I commenced work for my company on 09/06/2005 and will be made redundant on 06/06/2014.As this is a Friday will this final year qualify as a full years employment for the purposes of redundancy pay?

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today are you taking voluntary redundancy

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Customer:

No, the business is closing

Ben Jones :

It does not actually matter which day of the week you started on and you will finish on, it is the dates that matter. So you commenced on the 9 June 2005 and as the continuity of employment is calculated in calendar months or years, you will only reach another full year's service on that date down the line, so on 9 June 2014. Therefore, if your employment actually terminates ion 6 June, you will just be a few days' short of having that full year to add it to the redundancy calculation.

Customer:

So if the 7th & 8th June 2014 are Sat & Sun this makes no difference

Ben Jones :

No, it is the dates that you are looking at, not the days of the week

Ben Jones :

It is a calendar year, so from one date to the same date the next year

Customer:

Thanks Ben

Ben Jones :

You are most welcome, all the best

Experience: Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'