29905560

Hi Ben I want to know that after leaving the company if I

Hi Ben
I want to know that after leaving the company if I started my own business of the same trade which my company have it it legally permitted or the company can take any legal action against me?

Ben Jones :

Hello again, did I not answer this in the last post, or do you need me to clarify anything? Thanks

Customer:

I want to know that after leaving from my company if I started my own company with a similar trade does my previous company can take any legal action against this ?

Ben Jones :

No, they could have done that if you had contractual restrictions that prevented you from doing this but if you did not have a contract or any restrictive covenants in it, then you are free to work wherever you want and compete with them as much as you want - it is a free market

Customer:

And what if I use the data which I am having with me

Ben Jones :

As mentioned, try not to take the actual database as that would be company property, but if you happen to remember clients, or they come to you, etc then you can use them and deal with them with no issues

Customer:

All right it means if someone came directly or indirectly then there is no complication

Ben Jones :

yes correctly, but walking away with their client database is not so ok

Customer:

yes I understand I am not going to take any thing with me

Customer:

just need to clarify my legal positon

Customer:

Anyway Thank you so much for your help