29905560

Work alias. A staff name is XXXXX XXXXX hard to pronounce, he

Work alias.
A staff name is XXXXX XXXXX hard to pronounce, he wishes to use a simple name (John) as his work alias.

Is this ok?
All information is upfront, i.e. it is he who is John in his work and this is known.

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Ben Jones :

Is there a reason you think it may not be acceptable please?

Customer:

Well, for legal purposes really - i.e. someone could say youre using afalse name - would they have any legal standing

Ben Jones :

OK, thank you, XXXXX XXXXX this with me - I will look into this for you, get my response ready and get back to you on here. No need to wait around and you will get an email when I have responded, thank you

Customer:

ty - ok

Ben Jones :

It is entirely possible and legal to use an alias in work when conversing with colleagues or clients. I have dealt with a number of people who have done so and there is certainly nothing wrong with that. The only legal aspect of this is to ensure that when any legal documents are being signed he uses his real name (e.g. contracts, or anything else that could legally bind him or the company). It is ok to use the alias in general email correspondence, on business cards and on the phone or to be referred in company literature/publications by the alias.

Ben Jones :

Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? Thanks

Customer: