tdlawyer
tdlawyer, Laywer
Experience:  Lawyer with 9 years experience in employment related issues.
73598664

I have a three month notice with my current employer.

I have a three month notice period with my current employer. I have served one months notice already and wish to leave in a month, shortening my notice by one month. What are the consequences if any ??? I am not going to a competitor
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 3 years ago.

tdlawyer :

Hello, welcome to the website. My name isXXXXX can assist you with this.

tdlawyer :

To be honest, there are often very few realistic consequences. In theory, they could seek an injunction to restrain you from working elsewhere for the final month, but that rarely happens, it usually serves no useful purpose, especially not one to justify £10k or so in legal cost to apply for it.

Customer:

I am based in the uk, i didnt realise it went to a south africa link, but assume still ok. They wish to keep me for the slim chance they can find a replacement in the remaining two months, very unlikely due to the specialist nature of the job. I have tried to negotiate and even discussed my lack of morale and drive that will no doubt be present in month 3. If I write and inform them that I will be leaving in 1 months time and my car , phone and all tools will be available for collection on that date there would be liitle come back to me ?

tdlawyer :

I doubt there would be much come back at all (if any).

Customer:

many thanks fo your help