29905560

I have been ordered by a Tribunal to put in a list of documents

I have been ordered by a Tribunal to put in a list of documents for a prelimerary hearing.
My question is as I have thousands of emails re this matter do I have to list every single email?
I need to be able to refer to all the documents because the respondents are saying I was never an employee and the shear no of the document are my proof.

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Ben Jones :

On what basis are you arguing that you were an employee please?

Customer:

over a period of time i was given thousands of tasks from two individuals. they have told the tribunal in their et3 "I did the occasional task but was never an employee" so firstly i need to prove i was an employee and then secondly that they are the respondents. all the tasks came from their own personal email or mobile phone.

Ben Jones :

OK, thank you, XXXXX XXXXX this with me - I will look into this for you, get my response ready and get back to you on here. No need to wait around and you will get an email when I have responded, thank you

Ben Jones :

Many thanks for your patience. You are not expected to provide every single document that you have in this claim but only those that are most relevant to the issues that are being heard at the PH. You state that the issues to be considered are your employment status and that you have thousands of emails that would be relevant to this b ut if you go ahead and include all emails you will not be looked at favourably by the tribunal and you could be accused of time wasting, so you need to pick up the most relevant documents and stick to a reasonable amount. For example, in a full hearing BOTH parties could be asked to produce a bundle that is no larger than 200 pages altogether so if you turn up at a PH with thousands of pages then it won’t be a good move. If there is repetition, or many emails that show the same thing, but on different occasions, then you need to account for that and ensure that you only use relevant examples. You can of course still have all documentation ready with you on the day in the event the tribunal needs to refer to it, but try not to include it all officially as your list of documents.

Customer:

so basically pick out ones where it states I am a work, its my responsibility to supervise the work, pay the staff from my own bank account etc and say one or two emails stating responsibility for each project?

Customer:

Can I go to PH and say the documents list is an example proving my case and a large amount are available to be viewed if so wish?

Customer:

that is not included on the list due to the massive number of documents.

Ben Jones :

yes you can pick the most relevant ones, include. them formally and make the ET aware that this is just a selection and that any other documents are available on request

Customer:

thank you just one final point if the tribunal says to send the documents list by the 27th of this month, does that mean anytime up to midnight. And do I copy both the tribunal and the respondents in the list of documents.

Ben Jones :

who are you supposed to send these to?

Customer:

By 27 March 2014 the claimant and the respondent shall send each other a list of any

documents that they wish to refer to at the hearing or which are relevant to the case.

Ben Jones :

yes you can send them at any tie until the end of that day, you do not need to copy in the tribunal as you are not specifically asked to do so

Customer:

I suppose the answer is in the statement I just don't want to do it wrong. and need as much time as possible that's why I ask about the before midnight as want to do it right and have 1000,s of emails to go through :(

Customer:

thank you

Experience: Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'