29905560

Hi, Sorry been thinking about this a lot can i sort of cheat

Sorry been thinking about this a lot can i sort of cheat and yes cut down the number of documents from the 3000 odd but in the list of documents put a list of all the documents in as well. if that makes sense so I could refer to the number of document by the subject line but obviously not inundate the tribunal with thousands of emails

Ben Jones :

Hello again, what you could try and do is have a selection of documents listed as one, covering a date range. So for example if you have a lot of emails that you can't just list one by one and you believe that they are all relevant, then you can list these as 'Email correspondence from [date] to [date].' which would be one entry on the list but would cover a selection of emails. Another consideration is that including too many documents may actually be counter-productive to your case - if you give the tribunal too much to look at and consider, the actual issues may get lost in between all these emails and can be difficult to pinpoint, hence why it is best to pick the most relevant parts and include them

Ben Jones :

Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? Thanks

Customer:

Hi Not sure if this solution is doable.

Customer:

What if like you say I pick a number of emails on each topic I then include a document which lists all the emails date subject etc and then when I give evidence I say here is a email covering the subject and there are another "X" covering the subject as of the list?

Ben Jones :

to be honest the ET has the power to allow or dent whatever they want and they must act in the interests of justice, so if you strongly believe that all or the majority of documents must be included and it is crucial to your case you can ask for their permission to allow you to include more than the limit, or at the same time they could advise you on what you should or should not include or be strict and simply say you must only produce X pages and that is it - so there is no right or wrong way to do this, it really depends on the flexibility of the Judge that will hear this

Customer:

what I am trying to achieve is like you say not to bog them down with loads but say here is one covering this topic and there are another 12 with the same request?

Customer:

Also can I put the list into the other side and then whoever creates the bundle? then cut down the physical number?

Ben Jones :

what you propose is doable but it does not guarantee it will be accepted, the Judge has the final say and one Judge on one day may have no issue with it, another on a different day could refuse to accept it and say you had specific instructions and must follow them...it's like picking lottery numbers as to what will happen

Customer:

ok so what would you say again was a reasonable number of document roughly?

Customer:

its been given a days hearing time?

Ben Jones :

there is no such number, that's the issue, in one claim it may be 100, in another it may be 1,000, it depends on the complexity, the issues at hand and so on. If you had formal representation the solicitor may be able to give you guidance but for a day's hearing you will nt expect to se many documents, the ET will not have the time to go through them all so you must try and keep them as closely to the set limit as possible

Experience: Qualified Employment Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'